Saturday, September 1, 2012

WHICH MAGNUM DO YOU LIKE BEST?

For me, it has to be this!

Well, let me give you the background of why I came to that conclusion....

For the record, I had only eaten four Magnums in a span of six months...and none of them were bought using my personal money... meaning, they're "libre" <well, except for the first one> That's not a lot, right? I'm not really an ice cream person... <seriously, hehe>.

The first time I had a magnum was when I was having post partum cravings in April... That's just the time when I learned that a Magnum craze was going on <around the country, i guess>...and so I told my sister I wanted to taste one. She and my other sister had tasted it already, and so I was the only one <among us sibs> who was still clueless about magnum's promising taste..  Since I was stuck in the house with my little bulinggit day in and day out, I asked  my sister to buy me a magnum at all costs! <keber lang kahit bawal daw sa breastfeeding mom ang ice cream>. Being the obedient younger sister that she is... she obliged. It was not easy for her because she looked everywhere, and all magnums were sold out sa lahat ng seven-eleven branches near our place.  After several days, she was able to buy me one --- from Carmona!!!! O ha, sosyal ng first magnum experience ko, imported from Carmona pa...She bought me the almond flavor because that was the only one available...

What's my say? wala lang...it tastes like a regular vanilla ice cream, and a chocolate with almonds. I just like its solid packaging, and the fact that it does not easily melt, so you don't get messy when you eat it.

The second experience was when my husband and I were in a gas station near sta rosa heights, and I saw this Select outlet...the glass door reads "We Sell Magnum".  I pleaded to my husband to buy one for us <he's  not the type who buys stuff like that so I had to plead>... maybe he found me charming, my tactic worked! he agreed to buy after one or two "pilits"... Again, we bought the almond flavor because that was the only flavor available. We shared a single magnum-- that's just so poor of us, but sweet. hehe.

The third time was when two of my co teachers bought magnums, they bought five, and one was for me -- how kind of them! It was chocolate truffle naman.  Well, I liked its creaminess, chewyness, and chocolateyness....Had I not tasted the classic, this would be my bet.

And the fourth time was earlier... I was in the University store to buy tomatoes and kalamansi when a former student came... and opened the magnum freezer.  I was just right behind him because I was in line to pay for my items.  He saw me looking at him, and then he offered to give me one <nahiya, yata!> I actually declined at first but he insisted. So, I took it. And ate it right there! It was a classic -- by his random pick.

I felt a little bit guilty, though. My husband reminded me the other day that because I'm getting more plump again... I should start with a diet regimen, and stop eating between meals --especially sweets.  Well, I'm a submissive wife naman... but some things are just so difficult to resist... hehe.

And I like the classic best! I don't know... eversince I became an adult -- I shifted my preference to things which are plain and simple -- e.g. clothes, shoes, stuffs and arrangments in the house or office, lay out designs, etc.  That was even the way I wanted our wedding to be -- plain and simple...and I think we got it that way, too.

And so, surprisingly -- while I like almonds for nuts, and chocolates for desserts... for magnum, it has to be classic for me. Besides, you can never go wrong with anything classic -- it never goes out of style!

However, I still don't plan to spend money for that... because, like what my husband said -- it's not worth it...and as I told you, I'm not an ice cream person! Plain and simple like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment