Friday, September 7, 2012

BABY'S DAY OUT

I had to join an ocular tour for our field trip. At first, I was hesitant to come with the group because I am still not comfortable being away from my johann for the whole day.  I was happy my co-adviser understood my dilemma so she arranged for johann, and our student helper to come with me. Yey! Actually, my husband could also come with us, but he was full schedule on Tuesday so he just joined us on our last itinerary.

So packed with 4 six ounces of milk (he could drink straight from me in case that would not be enough), 4 diapers, 1 hood, 1 shirt and shorts (for changing in case he gets sweaty), wipes, alcohol, and teether, plus stroller (which we did not get to use, actually), and my babywearing gears -- we rode the van to Manila!

First stop was the MIND MUSEUM in BGC -- that's short for Bonifacio Global City. The Mind Museum is the new educational field trip facility which opened only last March 2012.  I saw it featured in Kris' last April.  I must say it is the biggest, and most hi-tech science museums I've ever visited here in the Philippines... way way better than Life Museum, and NSDC.  It's quite spacious, too.  It is subdivided into five galleries -- Atom, Life, Earth, Universe, Technology. It's not a guided tour (I'm not sure if it's a good thing, or a bad thing) which means you are free to move around, read, observe, play, watch, and do whatever you want to do with more than 250 plus exhibits in three hours.  It's very interactive -- it's like getting into timezone arcade, except that it's educational and scientific.
 

baby wearing my little johann at the mind museum's lobby

with SG co adviser ma'am Nera and cute monrei :)

the ocular tour group from L-R: Matt, tedd, april, ciara, me and johann, kim, bianca, ma'am nera and monrei

my little bodyguard :)

mind museum's youngest and cutest visitor

Listening to robot aedi (that's idea read backwards) for her introduction of mind museum

The Donsol and Buntanding exhibit at the earth gallery

going up the technology gallery

The Kaleidoscope exhibit: amazing color,eh?

very observant naman ang baby ko....  The galleon trade exhibit in the technology gallery

Johann trying out the barong tagalog...

the dinosaur exhibit

that's johann's ates and kuyas

ooops! he pooped... hehe

Fascinated with the Newton's Balls at the Atom Gallery

Inside the light tunnel

Mind Museum's floor plan

Caught in the breastfeeding act! Mommy and baby both tired.




Johann was sleepy... nine to eleven am was his regular morning nap, i mean sleep... but during that time, he was awake...or he tried to be awake. He was just so fascinated with anything colorful, moving, and shadowy.

(stay tuned for baby's day out part two) meanwhile, I have to go. hehe.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm glad you and your cute little johann had fun. God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete