Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thoughts From a Loooong Bloggin Break

For the past months, I've been busy. Very Very busy that blogging had to be put aside.

And once I get this rare chance to blog...I sit in front of the computer, and before I even open my blog site, my mind rages with several blogging issues, I couldn't deal with them and so I had to put off writing.  It happened several times. Hence, this very looong blog hibernation.

This morning was different, however. I got into the same scenario -- I am in front of the computer, and once again my mind prompted me to blog, still, the same issues rage over my head -- but unlike the other times, I braved myself this time, set the issues aside, and write!!!! Yehey, for me!

So, what were those issues?

First, I struggled with the fact that due to my very busy (and busy-busyhan) schedule, perhaps I really couldn't and shouldn't maintain a blog. There were times, when I had good and exciting things to write about, but because of more important things to do first, I couldn't find the time to write about it, and when I do, it's already outdated. Sayang. I have to be realistic. Maybe this bloggin thing is not for me.

Second, I find it hard to decide on a blog theme. Been following a lot of blogs lately, and I noticed that most blogs have themes to which they write things of a main topic, i.e -- motherhood, marriage, food, travel, career, etc... Should this blog be about my mommy experience? How about my experiences at school? As a teacher? How about my travels, seminars, and other gigs? (parang may gigs nga, hehe!)

Third, I doubt how this blog would affect me, and other people. Since I'm opening my thoughts, my self, my life to the world wide web, that's for all the world to see, I wonder if  I'm creating a good influence? Do I get to inspire people? Or just entertain them? Or do I just make them read a lot of nonsense so people might think I'm nothing but nonsense?

You see, I wanted this blog to be some form of a ministry -- that's inspiring and informative at the same time, but I don't know how -- I'm NOT a very serious person. I'm happy, and giddy, and perky, and loud (hehe) almost all the time, and my writing's just the same. Inspirational thoughts are supposed to be serious, and formal which is not me, at all.... so, how? I'm afraid I might be misconstrued as someone whose just having fun, and nothing else.

But today, I put all those issues aside. I have decided to:

1. Not push myself to maintaining this blog. I will write whenever possible. I don't mind getting into a long blogging break again. It's better than not writing at all. I will put first things first, and then write to blog when I get the chance. If it becomes outdated, sorry na lang :)

2. Not put any theme to this blog. That's why I called this blog "she's all that!" it's really supposed to be about a lot of things under the sun! A blog should speak of who you are -- and this is me -- RANDOM!

3. Just write. And pray that despite my informal writing, I will still get to translate good vibes to others. For seriously, I am happy, and perky like this because I am blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment