Saturday, January 5, 2013

Women and Shoes

When I visited the book fair (MIBF) last September, I found this book entitled "Why men don't have a clue and women always need more shoes."http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Have-Women-Always-Shoes/dp/0767916107

Upon seeing the book, a particular incident with my husband immediately flashed through my mind.

When we were moving out from my former single's pad (to our rented apartment), my husband was disgusted when he found out I've got too many shoes. He said "do you really need all those shoes?!" I answered, "Of course!" and then he stressed -- "I don't even see you wearing most of them."

I didn't answer back, as it would only fuel an argument, but in my mind was a raging question -- why can't he understand I need those shoes?!

I was tempted to buy that book so I could have my husband read it, and make him understand my fascination for shoes, but knowing that it's just one of those books which feature the great controversy of the sexes (only with a funnier title), and I was on a budget constraint, I figured out it wasn't necessary.

And it wasn't necessary indeed!  Because now, my husband has come to understand that every once in a while, a new pair of shoes is necessary to keep my sanity :) A lucid wife is a happy wife. And a happy wife means less whining and nagging the husband.

So on some occasions, he agrees to stashing out a portion of our budget for my new pair of shoes...on a condition that he can buy something for himself too -- sports gear, car accessories, or his own pair of shoes!
his and her shoes
But, to be fair with me -- I have already deviated from being sooo imeldific! In fact, I have decided to keep only a few pair of shoes, and give away the rest to charity!  I think that will be one resolution that I can easily and immediately achieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment